Making HanDBase More Finger Friendly

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Making HanDBase More Finger Friendly

Postby Dlevymd1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 pm

In list view, the thickness of each horozontal line make Handbase finger unfriendly, especially with the newer Windows Phone devices. Maybe you should increase the thickness of each line in the list view to make it more finger friendly. This would work better for all the new Windows Phone devices. For example, in my medical group, one of us has a Samsung Omni which is a capacitive screen but the device does not come with a stylus. You have to use your fingernail in list view (or the D-pad). Another one of us has an HTC Touch Pro 2 which has no D-pad, in list view, you have to use either your fingernail of the stylus. The industry is moving towards more finger friendly Apps. I think for Handbase for Windows Phones, that would mean an iPhone sized list view.

I'm curious, is there a registry hack to increase the thickness of each individual line in the List View, for those of us who have registry editors?
Dan
Dlevymd1

Re: Making HanDBase More Finger Friendly

Postby kira13 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Actually, I'd like to request that the size of the rows be user-configurable. For some users and databases, finger-friendliness is necessary; for others, getting the most info on the screen at once is paramount. I'd like to see, at minimum, the option to switch between the current size and a new finger-friendly size, but even better would be the ability to set the height similar to the way we can set the column widths. (Not necessarily to be able to set each row to a different height, but to be able to set all the rows to whatever height we want.)

Kira
kira13

Re: Making HanDBase More Finger Friendly

Postby dhaupert » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I think that is the most likely course of action- having two or three sizes selectable in the preferences. I will put this on the todo list for the next feature update!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional