Unable to Install HanDBase Plus for Iphone

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Unable to Install HanDBase Plus for Iphone

Postby djoaquin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Hello,

I use HanDBase to distribute a database and forms we use for collecting data. The general overview is our reps install HanDBase Plus for iPhone on their laptops, install the iPad version of HanDbase and then use the desktop sync to send data back and forth.

I have done this now on 4 systems but I have one system which I cannot get it to work. The user initially installed the demo for HanDBase without the iPad piece. We discovered this when we attempted to go to the Configure/Sync menu and select iPhone/iPod user. It gave him an error saying that module was not installed. We then downloaded the correct HanDBase Plus iPhone/iPad demo but after install receive the same error. He then purchased the license, we put in the registration code (which did not give any error) but still received the error that module was not installed. We uninstalled both HanDBase Desktop and the HanDBase Plus for iPhone software through Add/Remove Programs. We then installed the software from the link provided with our key and tried both typing and pasting into the key. In all cases we still receive the error that the iPhone/iPod piece is not installed. Also, if we go to "About", the other systems have "HanDBase Pluse for iPhone/iPad Add-on" listed in the Installed Packages section where there system does not.

Does anyone have any ideas toward a solution?

Thank you,
Daniel Joaquin
djoaquin

Re: Unable to Install HanDBase Plus for Iphone

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry for accidentally overlooking the post.

A couple of questions -
- Does the account you are installing in have admin rights/permissions?
- When looking at the About dialog, does the word DEMO appear anywhere on it?
- If you browse to C:\Program Files\HanDBase 4\ you should see some folders. List the names of the folders and their contents.
- Are you using XP, Vista, 7 or 8?
- Has the computer been rebooted recently?

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby djoaquin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 am

The PC is running Windows 8. We have found the issue. The user was not an Administrator level user.

Thank you for your help,
Daniel
djoaquin

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for confirming the problem being related to admin permissions. Glad to read you are up and running.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows