Database losing settings

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Database losing settings

Postby kbhom » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:45 pm

I have a health log database that has a number of child databases (medication, glucose, meals, etc.) connected to it via relationship fields. I use the parent DB as the starting point to enter data. I select a field, which opens the child DB, create and save a record, and return to the parent DB where the last record just entered is displayed.

After making a regular entry, the Database Properties settings of the child DB have disappeared. All the fields show as 'Not-Used' and the 'Category' is blank. The Default View does show 0/3388 and nothing is displayed.

This is the second child DB where is problem has occurred.

I am using an iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0.2

I hope my description of the issue is clear. Has this occurred for anyone else? Any ideas of what could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
kbhom

Re: Database losing settings

Postby curtterp » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Check your filter settings. You said that the Default View has 0/3388 and nothing showing. That means that you have 3399 records, and 0 records showing. This normally doesn't happen unless there is a filter on the view.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby kbhom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:07 am

What I meant by nothing is displayed in the Default view is that the field labels are not even there. Essentially all the DB Property Settings have vanished. The field settings have all been reset to "Not-Used".

In regards to filters, none are set. I get the same result whether I access the child DB directly or through the parent DB.

I did a CSV export, hoping that i could re-create the structure and import the data, but the file was empty.

Brian
kbhom

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:51 am

Hi Brian,

Sorry to read of the issue. Is there any chance you could submit a copy of the database to support @ ddhsoftware . com ? I would like to take a look at it if possible!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby kbhom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Will do...

I'll send the parent and a few child DBs.

Is there an easy way to attach more than one DB when sending via email from the HanDBase app?

Thanks,
Brian
kbhom

Postby dungassin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:00 pm

I have been having a similar problem. After scratching my head for a couple of days, I opened the Edit Sync settings, and found I had ticked "delete files from desktop after sync". I unticked it, and problem solved. Don't remember ticking it in the first place, but there you go.

BTW, I use Database Desktop on my Mac as the main part editing bitt, and just one-way sync my files to my iPhone and iPad.
dungassin

Postby kbhom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:40 am

Brian_Houghton wrote:Hi Brian,

Sorry to read of the issue. Is there any chance you could submit a copy of the database to support @ ddhsoftware . com ? I would like to take a look at it if possible!

Hey Brian - This issue occurred once again. You were able to restore the corrupt DB the last time this happened. I have a backup, but cannot open the PDB file from Google Drive or the iOS mail app (see thread in iPad section). Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Brian
kbhom

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:44 am

Can you send me a copy of the damaged database, and hopefully an older working copy at support @ ddhsoftware . com, please?

I'll check into the issue to see if there is anything we can do!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch