Transfer Database from iPhone

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Transfer Database from iPhone

Postby egertoni » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:30 am

Apologies in advance for what is probably a simple question answered elsewhere (though my search efforts haven't turned up what I need).

I have HanDBase for iPhone Version 4.9.063 on my phone and HanDBase Desktop Version 4.1.5d on my PC. Is there a way to get a database (whole thing, not just the records) I created on my iPhone to my PC version of HanDBase? As far as I can tell, neither of my versions of HanDBase (iPhone or PC) has the conduit function. Do I need to upgrade one or the other version of HanDBase to be able to make the transfer? Thanks.
egertoni

Re: Transfer Database from iPhone

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 am

Hi,

You can upgrade to HanDBase Plus via the HanDBase Upgrade Wizard within your account at http://www.ddhsoftware.com/download.html
Using the option to upgrade to a more powerful package will allow you to purchase the Plus addon, which has the conduit, at a discounted price. After upgrading, download the installer and run it on your computer, using the default prompts. At the end you will be guided through setting up a sync partnership.

Alternately, you can email the file from the database selection screen using these steps:

- Tap the ... button to the lower right of the database name
- On the row of management options, tap the email button
- When prompted agree to send the HanDBase PDB file
- Address the outgoing email and send
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: Transfer Database from iPhone

Postby egertoni » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Thank you, Brian Houghton.

The content of his reply above was largely duplicated in a direct email to me after I submitted this same question to DDH Support. I appreciate his time and patience. Unfortunately, I had less patience with how long it took (over two days) to moderate and post my submission of this topic to the forum. Hence my appeal directly to Support.
egertoni

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch