HanDBase v4.9.063 Submitted to the App Store

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

HanDBase v4.9.063 Submitted to the App Store

Postby dhaupert » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 am

Hi,

Just a quick update- I submitted a new build to the App Review team to address the following bug:

- When using an OS prior to iOS8 in landscape mode, the keyboard coming up would slide the text out of view.

Hopefully this will be approved quickly by Apple and I'll let you know when it's live!
dhaupert

Re: HanDBase v4.9.063 Submitted to the App Store

Postby dhaupert » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:53 am

It's live! Go grab it if your auto updater hasn't already.
dhaupert

Postby MidCoast Jim » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 am

Gee, it's nice when systems work as intended!

I just tapped the circled "I" on my iPhone's main HDB screen and discovered that I'm already using v4.9.063

I am so NOT regretting having switched from Android to IOS. I still can't imagine working on an Apple laptop but the IOS road is whole lot less rocky than Android.

Jim
MidCoast Jim

Postby curtterp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:41 am

MidCoast Jim wrote:Gee, it's nice when systems work as intended!

I just tapped the circled "I" on my iPhone's main HDB screen and discovered that I'm already using v4.9.063

I am so NOT regretting having switched from Android to IOS. I still can't imagine working on an Apple laptop but the IOS road is whole lot less rocky than Android.

Jim

Jim,

Why do you not see yourself working on an Apple laptop, or an apple desktop?

Just curious
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby MidCoast Jim » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am

[quote="curtterp"...<snip>...

Just curious[/quote]

Hey Curt — The MAIN answer to that question would be that I have to much PC software — just figuring out what needed to be migrated to the Apple would take too much time. I have been trying to get my wife to go Apple laptop. She only uses a few programs and probably spends as much time on her iPad and she does on her laptop. She's more comfortable on IOS.

If Pam was on an Apple laptop I'd get the chance to see how smoothly the transition went.

Jim
MidCoast Jim

Postby curtterp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:10 pm

MidCoast Jim wrote:[quote="curtterp"...<snip>...

Just curious

Hey Curt — The MAIN answer to that question would be that I have to much PC software — just figuring out what needed to be migrated to the Apple would take too much time. I have been trying to get my wife to go Apple laptop. She only uses a few programs and probably spends as much time on her iPad and she does on her laptop. She's more comfortable on IOS.

If Pam was on an Apple laptop I'd get the chance to see how smoothly the transition went.

Jim[/quote]

That is something I can appreciate. I have just gone through the same thing over the past year. I thought that the programs that my wife uses mostly would not be attainable for Apple, but I was wrong. She has software that does embroidery software and she also has quilt software. They are pretty specialized software, but they have mac versions.

Office for Mac is pretty good. There are visual differences between the Mac and Windows versions, but the Mac functionality is pretty close. There are things I miss in Outlook, but I don't miss them that much.

The one software that I have not found is a good replacement for Paintshop Pro (Photoshop like software) for the Mac. I can do a lot of things with Lightroom from Adobe, but still not the same.

A major problem moving from one platform to another is cost. The software that I mostly use is not that expensive, so buying the Mac version was not that big of a deal for me. I am still purchasing software as I go as I think I need it.

But all in all, I am happy with the move. My Macs just plain run. I have a lot better performance since the last OSX upgrade last month. I also want my wife to move over to Mac, but she is resistance to change, thus she still struggles with her Windows machine.

Not trying to talk you into moving to Mac's, just giving you some insight in what I have gone through.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ken.w » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:00 am

Curt, I'd highly recommend checking out Pixelmator for PSP/Photoshop type functionality.
ken.w

Postby ken.w » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 am

Funny about the transition from Windows to OS X. I did it in 2001, when OS X 10.1 had just come out. It was actually pretty easy for me, but I do unix sysadmin, so it made a lot of sense. I was using NT4 at the time and worked at a place where there were a lot of Macs, so I decided to check out OS X, which I knew was based on NeXT, which I always loved. I got really into it and bought a Mac for home. I slowly moved away from my Windows PC and eventually never touched it. Even at that time there was enough software for OS X to do what I needed. The difference in the OS and the available software from then to now is amazing.
ken.w

Postby curtterp » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:06 pm

ken.w wrote:Curt, I'd highly recommend checking out Pixelmator for PSP/Photoshop type functionality.

Thanks for the suggestion... I will check it out

Edited to Add
I checked it out yesterday and saw that it was $30.00... Nice price

This morning I was alerted that Pixelmator was on sale for $15.00... Nicer Price

So I purchased it this morning.

I dont know how long the sale is going on, but if anyone is interested, check it out in the App Store on your computer.
Have a good day

Curt
curtterp

Postby ken.w » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Great to hear, Curt. Even at $30 it's an absolutely fantastic app that gets huge updates often.
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch