displaying "Note" field

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

displaying "Note" field

Postby glenwf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm

iPod Touch 5
HD ver 4.9.063
OS X 10.9.5

I just noticed while viewing a record on my iPod Touch that the whole Note field is not displayed. I went into "Edit" mode and found the full text. The "Note" field holds 2,000 characters supposedly, and I believe it, but I tried it in several files and that field only displays 481 characters (and then adds 3 periods in the middle of a word) unless you go into the "Edit" mode where I find the full text without the 3 periods in the middle of the last word displayed in View mode.

I looked in the desktop OS X program of HandBase, ver 4.51 and the full note is displayed without going into the edit mode, although that window is very small and should be bigger or expand with the amount of text.

Is this a bug on the iPod Touch version or do I have some option incorrectly configured?

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: displaying "Note" field

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Glen,

Thanks for posting.

This is actually "by design". A small portion of the note field is displayed by default so that several different fields are displayed initially instead of at first glance all you see is a long list of text from the note.

The alternative is to use a custom form that uses a text field enlarged to show the full contents of the note field.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch