FORMS feature suggestion - or "how do I..."

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

FORMS feature suggestion - or "how do I..."

Postby Avi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:35 am

Today I felt a need to add a button ("control") to a form which simply allows me to save the database and stay in the form, but the only action I could find available was "Save and Close". The reason I want to save and keep working with the form is because I don't trust my WM device to not freeze up in the midst of me doing something to my database, so if I could just hit a "SAVE" button and keep working that would be great.

Am I missing a way to do this, or is this really a missing feature?

-avi
Avi

Re: FORMS feature suggestion - or "how do I..."

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 am

Avi wrote:Today I felt a need to add a button ("control") to a form which simply allows me to save the database and stay in the form, but the only action I could find available was "Save and Close". The reason I want to save and keep working with the form is because I don't trust my WM device to not freeze up in the midst of me doing something to my database, so if I could just hit a "SAVE" button and keep working that would be great.

Am I missing a way to do this, or is this really a missing feature?

-avi

Saving a database from within a form is not possible, but the WM HanDBase has the auto save feature. If your device freezes up enough that you're worried, I'd suggest setting the auto-save database feature down to every few minutes or so. Any idea why your device is freezing up so much? In my experience on a Treo 700w, I never had a freeze up, but never installed any OS add ons other than SBP Plus.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional