Syncing DB's to two iOS devices

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Syncing DB's to two iOS devices

Postby 2home » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 am

Looked through all the documentation and Mac and iPhone forums and can't find any reference to this question. Just recently purchased an iPad Air 2 and also Handbase for iPad. Then I updated to the newest version of Desktop for Mac and synced my iPhone and checked to see all updated. When I uploaded the iPone DB's to the iPad it created a new batch of files in the Mac's Handbase folder that match the iPhone files under the name: MyName's iPad. So now when I add or change a record and sync it updates the respective device's DB but not the other. I tried renaming the Mac iPad folder and synced iPhone db's to iPad again and it just created another MyName's iPad folder. Obviously what I want to do is add or change a record (once) on the Mac or the iPhone or the iPad and migrate that change to the other two devices whenever there is a sync. I'm sure I'm just missing something or is this function not an available?
2home

Re: Syncing DB's to two iOS devices

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi Kevin,

Just responded to your email, asking for the log files. Please send them when you have a chance and we'll see what we can do to get your sync straightened out.

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: Syncing DB's to two iOS devices

Postby curtterp » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:29 am

Sounds like you do not have sharing setup for the databases.

To find the instructions on how to share a database between 2 devices, open up HanDBase desktop for Mac, click on Help->HanDBase Desktop 4 Help.

That will being up the quic start guide. In the search box type 'Sharing' and it will bring you right to the page on how to setup sharing between devices.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Mac