Syncing and External Field Types (Photo Picker/Take Picture)

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Syncing and External Field Types (Photo Picker/Take Picture)

Postby twilmer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:38 am

I'm in the planning stage of putting together a Wine database. The thought and point in doing this, is that I feel I can design a (HanDBase) database that is just as powerful and useful as a dedicated wine app in the app store. However, in experimenting with both the "Photo Picker" and "Take Picture" external field types, I am now much less confident that I can pull this off. Without photos, the value of this potential database drops dramatically. At least for a wine database it does. So, I'm hoping that someone may have a remedy for me.

What I set up, on my iPhone 6, was a mock database to see how the above two field types would work. No problem setting up the four fields; 2 External Fields, and 2 Text Fields for the photo names. I was able to create records without any problem (other than HanDBase crashing occasionally). However, when I synced the file to my macbook via iTunes or HanDBase desktop, the file that gets sent only contains records that show the picture names. The pictures themselves don't get synced. The picture fields get sent empty. Emailing the file to my iPad produces the same results. Does anyone have a solution, or is this not a capability of HanDBase (perhaps due to file size limitations).

Thanks in advance for any help!
twilmer

Re: Syncing and External Field Types (Photo Picker/Take Pict

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

At this time it is not possible to display images using HanDBase Desktop for Mac.

Sorry to not have different news.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby twilmer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:08 am

Your welcome Brian_Houghton.

Thanks for the response.

Ok then, is it possible to backup images stored within a HanDBase file (on an iPhone or iPad)...to a Windows based computer via HanDBase or iTunes? If so, how?

-twilmer
twilmer

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:49 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

When using the HanDBase Professional for iOS addon on a Windows computer, syncing it with HanDBase on your iPhone, the conduit will copy images from your phone to the computer.

The addon is available at:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/handbasedesktopwinios.html

These images can in turn then be displayed on custom forms, as described in the following tutorial:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebas ... d=298&UID=

Hope this helps!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch