Can't Transfer

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Can't Transfer

Postby dayjeff » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 pm

I just got an iPhone 6. I regularly keep seven hundred fifty patient documents in a PX 14-15. Yearly, about a quarter of those graduate. As a result, I delete these records and create a new db
PX 15-16. In an effort to complete such, I get an error statement suggesting the fields do not match. I CREATED THE LATER BY COPYING THE FORMER!!! How can they NOT match. When I open the fields in properties, all the fields have been changed to "text" fields. Many of them were previously "pop-up" type fields. Truthfully it would be that difficult to re-create the db but the associated forms is another consideration altogether. Ideas?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dayjeff

Re: Can't Transfer

Postby Gab-Hop » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:06 am

Go to DB properties on the former db then to forms then highlight the form and select copy to other db
Select path to the new db
This is what i have to do if i copy or rename a db
There seems to be an internal id somewhere that dissociates the form if the dbs name is changed, and if you make a copy it is automatically renamed as (untitled)

The other thing to do is to delete all records using list view options and stick with the same db and the forms will stay with it
Gab-Hop

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch