Difference in Desktop versions for iPhone/iPad

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Difference in Desktop versions for iPhone/iPad

Postby JamesTatePa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:11 pm

What is the difference in the Professional versus Plus versions of the Add on for iPhone/iPad? Is there also an Enterprise edition? I have the Enterprise Edition for Windows PC or Android version 4.1.5. It has an option for iPhone Users but selecting that gives me a pop up box saying "Unable to launch HanDBase iPhone Sync and User Settings. Perhaps HanDBase for iPhone is not installed?". I have HanDBase on an iPad, iPhone and iTouch and would like to sync all of them with my desktop. I would also like to sync the desktop with a MySQL database, but can do that manually when needed.

Can someone explain what the differences in the add on for the iPhone are and which one I might possibly need?
JamesTatePa

Re: Difference in Desktop versions for iPhone/iPad

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

The Plus package includes HanDBase Desktop and the bi-directional local WiFi sync conduit, used to keep HanDBase databases on your iOS device and computer synchronized.

The Professional package includes the functionality of the Plus addon, and also includes tools to convert/sync Access tables plus design custom data entry forms.

The Enterprise package includes all of the previous functionality, and adds support for converting/syncing with ODBC compliant data sources.

You'll see this in matrix/table format at: http://ddhsoftware.com/handbasedesktopwinios.html

Hope this helps!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: Difference in Desktop versions for iPhone/iPad

Postby JamesTatePa » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks, the chart was helpful. That is exactly what I was looking for.

As it turns out I already have the Enterprise desktop. All I needed to do was to download the latest version and install that. Once that was done then I was able to successfully sync both of my devices to the desktop and verified that I had the correct information in all locations.
JamesTatePa

Return to HanDBase for Windows