time and date format

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

time and date format

Postby wladzinek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:48 am

I am Windows Desktop and iPad user. I had to re-install the app on my Desktop recently. The problem occurs with date and time format. My computer is set to UK date and time zone (DD/MM/YYYY) with 24 hour clock. All record have MM/DD/YYYY and 12 hour format am/pm. Any attempts of changing it in Preferences do not bring any result. I had the same problem when I first purchased it and "somehow" I had what I wanted, after repetitive changes in Preferences. Am I missing something or where is the problem?
wladzinek

Re: time and date format

Postby uboche » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 am

Just for testing purposes, would it change anything if you specified the date format as "DD-MM-YYYY"? This format is common in a number of European countries. The date format with slashes is often interpreted by default as the American date format "MM/DD/YYYY" and this might happen here "by accident".
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby wladzinek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately I am not able to change anything. The drop-down menu in Preferences has all the options I am looking for, but no changes are introduced. Also all splash screens like "Welcome to Handbase" and other keep appearing in spite of unticking them. Does anyone have any idea?
wladzinek

Postby wladzinek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi
I re-installed everything and it works fine now
Thanks
wladzinek

Return to HanDBase General Discussion