Colour of popup arrow in forms & externaljoin fields

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Colour of popup arrow in forms & externaljoin fields

Postby chuxtable » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:42 am

Hi, I had a couple of questions:
1. In form creator, when you create a popup field, is there a way to vary the colour of the "v" symbol? It appears as blue, even though the text colour is set as black in attributes. This is aproblem if you want the form colour to be blue- it makes the "v" symbol on a popup field very hard to see. Is the a waya around this.

2.if you have a field for external combined text, is there a way of getting the field to update without having to jump to another db (db popup, or close and re-open the database?

Any help gratefully received
Charles Huxtable
chuxtable

Re: Colour of popup arrow in forms & externaljoin fields

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:31 am

Hi Charles,

For item one, use a button control for the popup. After adding the button control, configure it to use the popup field as its source. Set it to show the field value as its label. Set its action to "show popup". You can choose the coloring of the button and font.

For item two, you can add another button that has no field source. Give it a custom label of "refresh". Then set its action to "jump to form" choosing the form you are working in.

When pressed it will refresh the contents of the current form.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby chuxtable » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:05 am

Hi Brian, thanks for your help. Your answer to 1 is certainly a work-around, though not what I had in mind. I was hoping to keep the button for data display only. I'm assuming there is no way to change the colour of the "v" on a popup field on an ipad form(?). With your second answer, I tried it but could not get it to work. I also meant to ask if there was away to update a calculated field value while editing the same record. I'm assuming that the "refresh" option should work for that as well. Anyway, as I say, it did not work, which akes me wonder if I missed something.....
chuxtable

Postby chuxtable » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:02 pm

No more answers on this one?
chuxtable

Postby dhaupert » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi,

There isn't currently an option to customize the color of the dropdown but the image button on a custom form can be made to look however you want and may be your best option since you can put this right next to a label and have the same functionality but completely custom for your needs.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby chuxtable » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:47 am

Hi, I posted some time ago about getting HanDBase to update the contents of a combined text field without having to close the form you are working in, or open another database (via a db popup field) and then returning to the first db form. Brian Houghton suggested adding a button (labelled "refresh") to the form that was not associated with any field, and assigning the action "Jump to form" with the name of the current form I am trying to update. I tried this and couldn't get it to work. It would be really graeat to be able to do this. Am I doing something wrong? Charles
chuxtable

Return to HanDBase for iPad