mac wine version won't open in El Capitan

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

mac wine version won't open in El Capitan

Postby B777 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:19 am

my iPad died. and I have switched to a Mac Air, intel i7 processor, running El Capitan. Will I be able to do everything I used to do on my iPad? I had the iPad version with forms. I downloaded the HanDBase windows 2, but it will not open. It starts to open, but then just closes. I have XQuartz 2.7.7 (xors-server 1.1) open when I try to launch HanDBase.
B777

Re: mac wine version won't open in El Capitan

Postby dhaupert » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:23 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am working on a new build of the wine package- there is definitely an incompatibility in the current one. I will post an update when I have it loaded up!

To answer your question, it has most of the features that your ipad had, and a bunch that the iPad doesn't have (enhanced CSV import and export, for example). But things like Photos, GPS, etc are not supported directly. If you weren't using those features you shouldn't even notice.
dhaupert

Re: mac wine version won't open in El Capitan

Postby dhaupert » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi,

A followup to my previous post- I've rebuilt and uploaded the Wine desktop using the latest tools and it seems to be working on El Capitan for me now. Try downloading it again from our site and let me know if you run into any hiccups!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Mac