multiple problems (3)

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

multiple problems (3)

Postby JAW » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:18 pm

1) I successfully synchronized the LG-Incite (my handheld devise) to a new database. (By using a connection from the LG-Incite to (the Windows 8 based) HanDBase and running conduit.) But it did not show up in the listing of my databases.
2) I attempted to synchronize the LG-Incite to same database in an identical manner to my VISTA based Toshiba laptop. But nothing happened. (It was as if I was not connected to the laptop.)
3) I ran into a problem when I reached the limit of my "Popup List". So I deleted one of the entries and replaced it w/ a new one. HanDBase was not able to handle the change and crashed and I was not able to recover the Database (except form older versions).
JAW

Re: multiple problems (3)

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi JAW,

Thanks for writing.

Regarding the first two items, let's start troubleshooting by reviewing your sync log. On your computer, use a file manager to browse to /Documents/HanDBase/ Find and open the folder named after your Android device. Within that folder find the file titled HanDBaseSync.log and open it with a text editor. Select the text, copy it and paste it into your reply to this post.

While popup fields do have a specific limit on the number of choices that can be used, if you opt for a DB Popup field instead, you extend the potential choices to 64,000 records. When setting up the DB Popup field, configure it to point to a second database and choose a field within that database that acts as the source for the records.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows