Payments processing question

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Payments processing question

Postby theyouthpastor » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I have a student database and a payments database.

Payments has the following fields: Date - Name (connected to students db) - Amount - Type - Purpose - Total

I have linked the payments db to the student db so that when looking at a student i can see the payments they have made and it only shows their payments.

However i want to somehow total the payments that the individual student has made and display that total of their payments.

Currently i have the field "Total" with this formula ((Name+Amount)+PREV Total)) but this totals all the payments from all the students not just the ones by the student of the same name. How can I have this total the payments that this one student has made?
theyouthpastor

Re: Payments processing question

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:02 am

If you use a relationship to establish a connection between the two databases, initially based on the student name, you can configure the second field to pull from the payment total field. Be sure to set it to pull the last value/record.

Give this a try. Let me know if you run into problems.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch