Classic for Palm Pre officially announced

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Classic for Palm Pre officially announced

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi guys,

Wanted to point out to you that Classic, the Palm OS emulator for the new Palm Pre is officially announced today. More to come on this from us next week, but if you look at their list of certified apps, you'll be happy to see our HanDBase logo:

http://www.motionapps.com/classic/
dhaupert

Re: Classic for Palm Pre officially announced

Postby gynonc » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 pm

I have placed the HanDbase for Palm OS and my .pdb files in the Classic folder on my Palm Pre. It looks like HanDbase does not "see" my .pdb files. Any suggestions???
gynonc

Re: Classic for Palm Pre officially announced

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

gynonc wrote:I have placed the HanDbase for Palm OS and my .pdb files in the Classic folder on my Palm Pre. It looks like HanDbase does not "see" my .pdb files. Any suggestions???

Hi,

Yes, the faqs for Classic show that PDB files have to installed differently. See this section in particular:
How to move PIM and other data (i.e., PDB files) into Classic?
1. Install Classic ROM Updater (needs to be done only once)
2. Copy the desired PDB files into the ClassicApps/Install folder on your Pre

You can find more details and step by step instrucions here

Next time you launch Classic, your PDB files will be imported into the main storage memory of Palm OS.

--
Please note that the above is for their latest release which came out late last week. Prior to that it was installed a different way. I'd suggest updating if you haven't already done so as I heard a lot of stability issues were addressed..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS