How to populate multiple fields with one popup

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

How to populate multiple fields with one popup

Postby wkevinm » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:01 am

I am new to HanDbase but do have experience with MA Access, Paradox, Borland Reflex and other databases, and have started development of a series of tables (databases) to manage Radio Controlled racing airplanes. As such I have a number of tables designed to keep an inventory of various components along with data of the components that make up an airplane, and then pull those components into a database showing the complete airplane.

My question is. How do I populate more than one field in a database when I populate a popup field with data from another database? These fields are from the same record.

Thanks in advance.
wkevinm

Re: How to populate multiple fields with one popup

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

When you configure your DB Popup fields, scroll down and you'll see an option for "group number". Assign all of the DB Popups you want to pull within a single instance the same group number (it can be anything, except 0). Save your changes and then select one of the grouped DB Popups while editing your record. Select a record from the other database and you'll find that all values get imported.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: How to populate multiple fields with one popup

Postby wkevinm » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Brilliant, thank you.
wkevinm

Return to HanDBase General Discussion