adding Time field calculations

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

adding Time field calculations

Postby jimcrnfa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Over the years I have had issues with time calculations that extend past midnight and have received assistance that has essentially solved my problems, but I have continued to have problems trying to total the adjusted times. My problem is: after making conditional and adjusted time fields which correct my time calculations, I also have need to total these time calculations for quarterly and annual reports but can not figure a way to total these time calculation adjustments. I have tried adding conditional and previous totals and several other formulas. Currently, when adding the time duration field to the previous total time, I lose time when a time duration field extends through midnight because the duration filed is calculated by subtracting end time from start time. I really would like your direction to find a solution.
Thanks again for any assistance.
Jim
jimcrnfa

Re: adding Time field calculations

Postby mjhanna » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Jim,

I would suggest having a field in each record that was the raw total time of that record. I would resolve the time calculations record by record to deal with any cross-midnight issues for that record. Then I would only have to total all those raw times.

Hope this gives you ideas,
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Return to HanDBase General Discussion