Is HanDBase Still Being Developed?

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Re: Is HanDBase Still Being Developed?

Postby Erich » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Here is my idea :
There could be a subscription service for HanDBase ... I would be more than happy to shell out US$ 50 per year, for example.
I guess that other longtime users would be willing to subscribe yearly (my price is just an example).

What do you think ?

I wish you all a blessed year 2016.
Greetings from Peru,
Erich
Erich

Postby Erich » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:02 am

Wow ... does anybody besides me has any thoughts on this ?
Many less valuable apps use this subscription model.
Come on ! Share your thoughts on this.

Cheers from Peru,
Erich

Enviado desde mi SM-T705M mediante Tapatalk
Erich

Postby exmpro » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 pm

I do not like the idea of a subscription program. My thoughts are:
I have been looking at the competition in this field (for IOS) and I cannot find anything that comes anywhere near Handbase for versatility. I think it is the best at present and that it is underpriced.
Maybe there should be an introductory model with limited capacity free to download, but with space for say 25 records. Supplied with an editable sample relational or linked DBFs (everyone has a DVD collection and there you could easily make 3 linked files). That way people can see what they are missing and could own, if they coughed up the money.
I think that DDH is overstretching itself in trying to offer HB to a multitude of platforms, all of which are engaged in a rat race trying to outdate the rest by introducing often useless innovations. Apple seems to be tripping over its own feet with its constant updates, and no doubt the others are doing the same.
I would concentrate on a few important platforms, and leave the rest where there are at present. They can always be taken further at a later stage, if indeed the platform still exists.
Charge for version updates, or those with major functionality changes.
DDH needs to show the world it is still around. Make some news, a user's story, spread it on Twitter, or perish the thought, Facebook.
Maybe there is something of use in the above.
exmpro

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:36 am

We are preparing an overdue update that fixes some iOS 9 related bugs and introduces a few new features. We are also testing an update to the Android version that corrects a font display issue on high resolution devices. More news soon...

Also, please feel free to follow us on Twitter @HanDBase We'd love to feature some of your testimonials there!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:18 am

Brian_Houghton wrote:We are preparing an overdue update that fixes some iOS 9 related bugs and introduces a few new features. We are also testing an update to the Android version that corrects a font display issue on high resolution devices. More news soon...

Also, please feel free to follow us on Twitter @HanDBase We'd love to feature some of your testimonials there!

I would be very happy if the new features would include an update to the calculation field (more operands) and more font options (size and type) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Veritas

Postby rprasad » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:20 pm

I would really like an easy way to turn this into an app for the iOS! I remember there used to be a way to do this way back in the Palm days. I've emailed Dave (or Brian?) about this before, although I think the answer was always that it would be a custom solution.
rprasad

Postby edwin2011 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4023&start=10#p17471

Donation done. Link works but unable to select OS (W7Pro 32/64b)
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Previous

Return to HanDBase General Discussion