Editing popup list crashes program

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Editing popup list crashes program

Postby glenwf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:43 pm

I have HanDBase on 3 platforms - iPod Touch 5, MacBook Pro 2012 and iPad 2.

1. iPad 2. If I want to see the information about a popup item, I touch the “i” button to go to the edit popup screen. This always crashes the program. I can create and delete popups, but I can’t edit one.

2. Desktop MacBookPro. Editing Popup list.… What is the “Done” button for? If I touch that it does nothing and if I touch it again it crashes the program. I finally learned I can close and save that work if I use the red top left close window button.

3. iPod Touch 5 - works perfectly.

I can't see anybody else complaining about this so is this something new, or just my systems? I confirmed it wasn't my database by using your EZShop download.

HandBase versions
ver 4.9.063 -iPod Touch 5 iOS 8.1.3
Ver 4.512 - MacBook Pro 2012 (El Capitan), 16 GB memory
ver 4.9.063 - iPad 2 iOS 9.2.1

Thanks. PS - I would also pay more to keep HanDBase going strong, especially because of the terrific support you provide to everybody without any support recompense. I learn so much about the program watching you solve the problems people have.
glenwf

Re: Editing popup list crashes program

Postby mjhanna » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:44 pm

I think this is the same issue Brian responded to just today.

See the post here.
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna

Re: Editing popup list crashes program

Postby glenwf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks. I searched, but the search wasn't in that section and since I wasn't having problem with my mobile, I went to general. Oh well. At least it is being looked at.

Thanks again.
glenwf

Return to HanDBase General Discussion