forms application scaling design view

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

forms application scaling design view

Postby edwin2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 am

Trying to design a form for an android Phone with 1920x1080 resolution on a 1920 x 1200 desktop tft screen.
Is it possible to keep an overview of the form while designing it, now it takes up the entire space. Did not find a way to shrink the view without changing the form resolution. I guess it even get's worse with the HD devices as Samsung S7.
Is there a way?
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Re: forms application scaling design view

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Your best option is to use scaling instead of using exact pixel count for each dimension. In addition to this, I encourage creating the form on the Android first, doing all of the designing there, so you are not trying to guess based on placement between the desktop and handheld.

On my Note 4, when I create a form, it'll have a width of 160 and a height of 200 (this isn't a pure pixel count) It'll show a scale factor of 2 for smartphones and 2.8 for desktop.

After generating the form on your Android, copy it to the computer and check to see how it displays there, tweaking the scale factor for the desktop a little as needed.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby edwin2011 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks, will try that.
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Postby edwin2011 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Since i've now got the forms transferred from my palm to android the story continues.
Forms on desktop are almost ok to use. On android the height of the row's is to small. I assume i have to play with the scale factor BUT which one. In the form designer i can change to many scale values tha i'm not sure which one to take. Especially since the smartphone section does not have any slection on new and edit.
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm

My suggestion is to create the form on the Android, leaving the scale factor there unchanged. Then modify the scale factor for the desktop only when you view the form there.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows