Can't Open Linked Records

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Can't Open Linked Records

Postby Boscovec » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi All;

I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro. I have been a long time HanDBase and a Windows user, and my previous laptop ran Windows 7. In the process of upgrading to the Mac, I purchased the HanDBase desktop version for Mac.

Installation was a snap, all my records synced, and like many of the Mac versions of Windows programs I've been using, looked sharp and crisp. One tiny snafu. I was unable to open any linked records on the Mac desktop version. If I clicked on the the button that allowed you to follow the link to the linked record(s), it did nothing.

Is there something I'm missing? Or perhaps is the Mac desktop version more limited than the Windows version?

From day one on the new MacBook Pro, I have had Parallels installed, so I downloaded my existing HanDBase desktop for Windows and installed that. It is running just fine on Parallels. However, although that temporarily and possibly long-term solves the problem, I'm trying to use all the Mac versions of the programs that I can.

Plus, it didn't hurt to throw a few more dollars in the HanDBase direction.

Boscovec

An addendum:
Running Yosemite OS X 10.10.5.
-----------------------------
Boscovec
Boscovec

Re: Can't Open Linked Records

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately the native Mac version of HanDBase Desktop does not support link or relationship field types at this time.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Boscovec » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:15 pm

I suspected that.

Thanks for the reply.
-----------------------------
Boscovec
Boscovec

Postby mwittle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 am

Do you have any plans to add support for Linked and Related Databases to HanDBase for Mac?
Thanks.
mwittle

Return to HanDBase for Mac