Column Missing From Export File

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

Column Missing From Export File

Postby Max » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 pm

I created a database for my pilot logbook and it has worked perfectly for many years--until recently.

Actually, it still works perfectly until I export it from the Mac HanDBase Desktop in order to load the exported file into Pages so I can print it. (I do that once a year.) The exported file lacks one column, always the same one. That column appears in the iPhone HanDBase and also in the native Mac HanDBase app. It just isn't there in the exported file. This began happening sometime between 2 and 1 years ago. (I didn't notice it last year, but see now that the column is missing in last year's printout. In all previous printouts it was there. I update the "missing" column in every log entry, and it adds properly to another column of totals. The totals column exports correctly.

I have two Macs: an aged laptop and a new iMac, both running El Capitan. I get exactly the same results with both of them.

I tried to see if the "missing" column would survive exporting in the Wine version of Windows HanDBase Desktop, but it won't run in El Capitan--says "Would you like to install X11 Now?" and then takes me to a webpage that turns into an infinite loop. I'm probably just missing something obvious there (not a joke).

But I'm really puzzled about the missing column in the exports. I hope you can figure it out.

I'm attaching the database and the exported text file. (I may have uploaded the pdb twice by mistake--sorry!)

=Don Maxwell
Max

Re: Column Missing From Export File

Postby Max » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Shoot! Sorry, the "missing" column is "PIC". The entries in it are totaled in the "+ PIC" column.
Max

Postby curtterp » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Have you checked the settings of the missing column in Properties?

On the iPhone, open HanDBase, press on the pilot database, then press on Fields. Press on the missing field name and check to make sure that you see "Included in Exports". IF you see "Not Included in Exports", Press on it to change it to "Included in Exports"
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Max » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Curt, you're right! I have no idea how it got changed to "Not included...", but that was it. I had completely forgotten about that property. (I go back at least as far as you with HanDBase, but haven't created a new database in a long time, and that was on a Palm.) Thanks! That answers my question and solves my problem.
Max

Return to HanDBase for Mac