Thanks!

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Thanks!

Postby ArGiEs » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you, Dave, for the update! Haven't spent but a few minutes with it, but the UI rescaling is worth a shoutout in itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Re: Thanks!

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks Bob- glad you like the change!

For those that find the fonts too small, I'm submitting a followup update where I allow the font size to get bigger than the previous max. Hopefully you'll be able to make it big enough for comfortable vision!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ArGiEs » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Hey, Dave,

I noticed the difference in the font size adjustment tool, but no problem for me. Also: is it my imagination, or is the text resolution sharper now?

Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby parishdm@att.net » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:37 pm

The update seems to have resolved the problem with PopUps crashing-- I was immediately able to edit popups successfully. One problem possibly tied to the new update; I have an encrypted database in which I have a NOTE field-- supposedly of 2000 character capacity, but I have tried several times to add more text to a couple of records with existing text in the NOTE field, and when I get to several lines, it appears that the additional text I enter is being parsed to a lookup-- the screen jumps to a text field of the same record in which the entered text appears. I am unable to enter any more data into this note field. Has anyone else reported that?

Dale
parishdm@att.net

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:47 pm

ArGiEs wrote:Hey, Dave,

I noticed the difference in the font size adjustment tool, but no problem for me. Also: is it my imagination, or is the text resolution sharper now?

Hi,

If you're on a larger screen phone, it's probably higher res than before- before the screen was scaling up to make the text bigger vs showing more data. Now it goes for showing more data instead!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 pm

parishdm@att.net wrote:The update seems to have resolved the problem with PopUps crashing-- I was immediately able to edit popups successfully. One problem possibly tied to the new update; I have an encrypted database in which I have a NOTE field-- supposedly of 2000 character capacity, but I have tried several times to add more text to a couple of records with existing text in the NOTE field, and when I get to several lines, it appears that the additional text I enter is being parsed to a lookup-- the screen jumps to a text field of the same record in which the entered text appears. I am unable to enter any more data into this note field. Has anyone else reported that?

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your post- definitely not heard this one reported! Hoping you may be able to send an example PDB file to support@ddhsoftware.com ? Also, please try lowering the text size in the HanDBase settings- if a smaller text size makes a difference let me know!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch