Total Crash - useless - restore old version

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Total Crash - useless - restore old version

Postby glenwf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:26 am

I can't believe it. The first time I've ever updated HanDBase and had it become non-functional.

iPod Touch 5.
iOS 8.1.3
HanDBase ver 4.9.069

I tap on the icon to open it. Get the screen to Organize My Life. Then it blinks and I go back to the iPod home screen menu.

Completely shut down my iPod Touch 5 by holding the off button for a long time. Rebooted. Still same problem.

Can I revert to the earlier version???????

Help. I do organize my life with this and need it...
glenwf

Re: Total Crash - useless - restore old version

Postby ArGiEs » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:31 am

Glenwf: First thing, before anything else, update your device to the current iOS version (9.3.2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

Very sorry for the crash- indeed one of the changes I made to the app made it incompatible with iOS8 and previous. I have fixed this so that it will still run on iOS8 and earlier and plan to submit later today. I also fixed a few other bugs as well including a serious one where the open in functionality from other apps to HanDBase doesn't work.

If you can and want to update to iOS9 that should solve your issue, or you can wait for the update- it will take Apple a few days to approve but they have been faster than usual lately so hopefully by tomorrow it could be live.

Apologies again for the huge mistake!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby b2b » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 am

Dave, I know your busy getting the upgrade fixed, but thought you might want to know, incase you don't already.
There seems to be an issue with the Forms Designer hanging up also. I noticed it when moving and resizing Controls. It locks up, in that, even though a control is selected it won't allow me
to resize or move it. The only way out of the issue is to exit HandBase and then go back in. However, after running into this issue a few times, it finally locked up and totally locked up
my iPhone. Had to shut it off and restart. By the way my iPhone is a 6S Plus, running the latest iOS.

I like what you've done with the upgrade. Especially using the full screen of the larger iPhones.

Bob
b2b

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 am

b2b wrote:Dave, I know your busy getting the upgrade fixed, but thought you might want to know, incase you don't already.
There seems to be an issue with the Forms Designer hanging up also. I noticed it when moving and resizing Controls. It locks up, in that, even though a control is selected it won't allow me
to resize or move it. The only way out of the issue is to exit HandBase and then go back in. However, after running into this issue a few times, it finally locked up and totally locked up
my iPhone. Had to shut it off and restart. By the way my iPhone is a 6S Plus, running the latest iOS.

Thanks for this report- I'm not seeing this when I try on my 6s. Will have to keep fishing for it- let me know if you can reliably reproduce and if so, the steps.

I like what you've done with the upgrade. Especially using the full screen of the larger iPhones.

Thanks Bob!
dhaupert

Postby b2b » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:56 am

Come to think about it, it happened when I was resizing and moving some "Tabs", it was a couple of different forms that had the Tabs at the top of the form.
I'm still rearranging a few of my forms, so I'll try and pin point it in more detail.

Bob
b2b

Postby b2b » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Well Dave, I've been working all afternoon editing all my forms to take advantage of your upgrade using the full screen on my iPhone 6S Plus and I haven't seen any problems. I'm thinking maybe it was because when I updated to your latest upgrade I didn't turn off, or reboot, my phone. Maybe I had used up so much of my memory (resources) etc. I just taxed the device. In any case it's been working fine. At least in respect to the problem I ran into in the Forms Designer. I haven't done a lot of anything else but all my relationships and my links are working just fine.

So thanks again for your efforts. Oh, and I just had to throw this in. "Can't wait to get a similar capability for my brand new iMAC."

Keep up the good work.

Bob
b2b

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for confirming you are not getting the issue any longer!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch