Search Crash

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Search Crash

Postby dschumm » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

I have a database that when I attempt to do a search, once I type the second letter in my search, the program crashes on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad 2.

I have no issues seeing the data otherwise.

I have gone back as far as my backups go (3 months) and tried to re-sync with an older file, but the issue remains.

Please advise.
dschumm

Re: Search Crash

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

If possible, please send me a copy of the database at support @ ddhsoftware . com (without the spaces). Also include a list of the steps needed to reproduce the issue (ie, field you search on, word, etc).

Kind regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Twitter: @HanDBase
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby ken.w » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:34 am

For what it's worth, I get this, too, sometimes. Feels like a memory thing, since going back to the main database list and the back to the database seems to help, until the next time. This might also be combined with force quitting the app, but I think the key is exiting the database itself to the list.

Hope that helps.
ken.w

Postby ken.w » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:11 pm

dschumm: Can you give any details about the database you experience the crash with? I only seem to get the crashing consistently with one, where besides having a lot of records (over 1500), each in the index has an image associated with it. Not sure if either of these is affecting this.

Thanks.
ken.w

Postby mountainshepherd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 am

Has there been a fix for this? I have the same issue. Work around is if I set the search function to just one field then it works.
mountainshepherd

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:18 am

Hi,

Could you possibly send me a database and steps to reproduce this? Would gladly provide a fix if I could only duplicate the problem- searching has worked fine for me in all my databases!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ken.w » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Dave, I’ll send you my database in question along with all of its images.
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch