"Batch" load popup field

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

"Batch" load popup field

Postby docdadd » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi all - anyone know if it's possible, and if so, how to load a long list of items into a popup? Here's what I have: long list of diagnoses, procedure codes and location codes...and rather than include these in a popup field one at a time, I'd far rather load a batch, insofar as I have these lists elsewhere.
docdadd

Re: "Batch" load popup field

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:13 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I would suggest looking into the DB Popup for these longer lists. A DB Popup is when a separate database table is used to store the popup choices. This has a few distinct advantages:

Instead of a limit of 60 popup choices, the db popup is limited at 65000 choices!
Each entry in the popup list is a separate record in a different database table. So you can have other fields along with it.
you can import these from a csv file, making getting them into the list much easier.
Lastly, you can have groups of db popups, so that when you select a diagnosis, for example, it will grab the diagnosis code into one field and the description into another.

Take a look at this tutorial to get started: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/knowledgebas ... 3.43.46.62

Let us know if you have any questions!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Windows