Does this app actually work?

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Does this app actually work?

Postby Cybex » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

I have just purchased this app together with the additional forms app in order to create a simple database to use on both my iPad and iPhone.

The option to edit pop ups does not work.

The option to change the field order does not work.

The option on the developer website to download a PDFs manual does not work.

How do I get my money back.

Regards,

George Clarke
Cybex

Re: Does this app actually work?

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:21 am

Hi George,

Very sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Certainly none of these issues are known- many people, myself included, use the app on a daily basis with no trouble at all. Regarding the issues you reported:

- Edit popups, is it possible the field you are trying to edit popups has the permission disabled for editing popups? There is a permission in the database properties Security section under Set Access Permissions where you can disable the editing of popups.
- Reordering fields, this is working fine for me as well- just verified.

- downloading the pdf of the user guide, where did you go to download it? I just went to the support page and clicked on the manuals link on the left and was able to choose the iPad pdf just fine. It brought me to this link:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/docs/HanDBas ... rGuide.pdf

Perhaps you can tell me what version of iOS you're running and what version of the app?

If you'd like to get solutions to the above issues, I'd love to help you get there! If you'd rather just get a refund, I understand. But you have to do so through Apple since they are the ones who have your money and information. They have a facility in the app store where you can request one.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby FlipipB » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:29 pm

I have the same issue. I have not worked on creating a new database using HandBase for some time before the arrival of iOS9.

The POP ups do not work for me, when I am creating new databases, there is no way to add to or edit a list and I am very disappointed (all permissions are enabled). We use these systems for work and this is inhibiting further progress and automation.

I'm not sure whether it is an iOS 9.3.5 issue or HandBase but it wouldn't be the first time that we have had issues with either. This one does however severely limit our options with this app.
FlipipB

Postby curtterp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:18 pm

There does seem to be a problem when trying to edit the Popup List while in the Fields Properties. The add button at the bottom is NOT showing up, doesn't matter if it is in Landscape or Portrait.

This is happening in iOS 10 on my iPad. This is not happening on my iPhone.

Looking at it further, if you change orientation while in the Edit Popup list, then the add button shows up at the bottom of the window. Switching back to the original orientation, and the buttons are still visible. Not the way you want to work, but if you change the orientation, you will be able to edit the popups.

Also, if you add a record, then press on arrow all the way to the right to bring up the popups, there is an edit popups there too that works without changing the orientation.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 pm

FlipipB wrote:I have the same issue. I have not worked on creating a new database using HandBase for some time before the arrival of iOS9.

The POP ups do not work for me, when I am creating new databases, there is no way to add to or edit a list and I am very disappointed (all permissions are enabled). We use these systems for work and this is inhibiting further progress and automation.

I'm not sure whether it is an iOS 9.3.5 issue or HandBase but it wouldn't be the first time that we have had issues with either. This one does however severely limit our options with this app.

Just verified the problem you're all seeing with editing of popups. Indeed on iPad and iOS9.3.5 I am seeing this. As Curt said all you have to do is rotate to landscape or portrait and the options will show again. You can also just edit the popups from within the editing of a record (rather than the DB Properties) and it should work fine. I'll get an update submitted with this fix in the coming days.

Very sorry for the issue- must be a change in the OS as this all worked fine on older versions.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby curtterp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:16 pm

The issue of editing popup field values from the Properties screen has been fixed by an update that became live in the App Store today.

I verified that it is working as epected.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for iPad