Taking picture in a form

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Taking picture in a form

Postby moelygaer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:46 am

Working on an ipad, I have a table where a field links to the camera, click on the field, the camera pops up, take a picture and its displayed on the field. The problem is that when I create a form using the same field nothing happens. How do I get an external field working in a form?
moelygaer

Re: Taking picture in a form

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:04 am

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this. When you set up a photo in a form, make sure you have the following in place:

Button - to snap or choose the photo. This button needs to have the data source be the external field and the action to launch the external field. That should get the camera/photo picker to come up.
Image - make sure to point this data source to the field that the external field is set up for storing the file name of the image so that you can see the image within the form.

Let me know if you're still not seeing it- you can send a copy of the database and form to support@ddhsoftware.com and we can check and see if there is any problem with it.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby moelygaer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:17 pm

I got this to work, however when I export the form it does not include the photo, can this be done?
moelygaer

Postby Treanot » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 am

No.
The image name can be exported but not the image itself. You can send a single form that would include the image by using the export it as a PDF option.
It sounds like you want to print a report. You can write a report using HTML or an HTML editor within handbase or export the data to Excel then write a script to grab the image or the last option I know, and use now, write the report in OpenOffice base using exported data.
Keep in mind you will need to manual copy images and keep file pathing constant.
Treanot

Return to HanDBase for iPad