Crash and iCloud recovery

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Crash and iCloud recovery

Postby drjoaobap » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:50 pm

My HanDBase crashed. All my database are stored in the cloud. I wold like to know if I uninstall and reinstall it, all may backup in the data will be restored?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk
drjoaobap

Re: Crash and iCloud recovery

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Responded via email, will note the same here:

1. Make certain files are backed up via iCloud - they don't always back up (if the back up option is off or if iCloud is full)
2. It is good to be redundant in backups (download manually to computer using iTunes' File Sharing or email a copy of files to yourself for remote archiving)

Then reinstall HanDBase and restore the databases.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't believe the databases will come back when you reinstall- iCloud only restores files to apps when you wipe and reinstall the entire iPad or iPhone.

If you want to try to retrieve just a single or group of files from an iCloud backup, there are some third party tools that do this- I believe iExplorer is one of them but please verify and give the demo version a try to make sure.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby drjoaobap » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 am

First of all, many thanks. You both helped me saving all my data.
Now I need to solve the crash itself. I've emptied all my databases from iPad and tried uninstall and install it many times. It didn't work. I don't even have any clue what is going on

drjoaobap

Postby drjoaobap » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Please help me. I am still waiting some answer. My HanDBase for iPad doesn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled several times, but nothing. Now, when I start the app, it opens the opening screen, but when I touch the "three bar menu" it crashes immediately. What can I do now? I need it working. I use almost one hundred databases and am using it in may notebook, what give a lot of headache

drjoaobap

Return to HanDBase for iPad