Error when sync iPhone and PC

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Error when sync iPhone and PC

Postby handbaseuser1234 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 pm

I am having a problem syncing one of my databases on my iPhone 7 to my PC (running Windows 10, HanDBase v. 4.7.5). I have HanDBase Plus for IPhone add-on 4.7.7 Build R1. When I sync, during the sync a splash screen pops up with "Access violation at address 0049E7FE in module iPhonesync.exe. Read of address 0233C000." The log does not indicate a problem, just shows that it is syncing.

Never had this happen before. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Caroline
handbaseuser1234

Re: Error when sync iPhone and PC

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:48 am

Hello Caroline,

Thanks for posting.

The error that occurs typically indicates that a record (or group of records) is having trouble being read properly by either the conduit or HanDBase Desktop.

When you view the database in question on your iPhone, does it appear properly? For example, does it open without issue? Does it appear that all records are present and correct, with no random gibberish characters?

When you view the database on the desktop, in HanDBase Desktop, what do you experience?

If you find that one place has random characters, doesn't open properly, etc but the other works fine, do the following:

IF THE DATABASE DOESN"T WORK PROPERLY ON THE IPHONE:

1. Open the desktop copy of the database in HanDBase Desktop
2. Select the menu option File / Install
3. From the popup that appears, choose your iPhone
4. Close the database
5. Sync to overwrite the database on the iPhone

IF THE DATABASE DOESN"T WORK PROPERLY ON THE COMPUTER:

1. Use a file manager to browse to /Documents/HanDBase/
2. Find the folder named after your iPhone and open it
3. Find the database in question
4. Move (don't copy) it to the computer's desktop
5. Sync to allow the working copy of the database to download from the iPhone to the computer

Note that if the database is not working properly in either location, you will want to revert to one of the backups made by the conduit, which are at /Documents/HanDBase/*folder named after iPhone*/Backups/
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch