Pictures

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Pictures

Postby gsman » Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Does Handbase currently support the ability to take a picture with the smartphone camera and it be stored in a field in a database..... The only posts I saw regarding this date back to 2010 and older. My experimentation has been fruitless
gsman

Re: Pictures

Postby curtterp » Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 am

Not with Android at this time.

Not sure where it is in the wish/to do/I want lists either :D
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 am

Forms are first in line. Support for the external field, which will add support for the camera, will be integrated at some point but a time frame is not available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby verres » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 pm

where does this stand now? I just switched from iphone to android, and bought Handbase again for that platform ($19.99 for the base app and then an additional $5.99 for the forms)... but I need photos to be integrated into the database like it works on the iphone.... looks like folks have been requesting this for a while, has there been any progress or expected effort to get android phones able to access the images on their devices? thanks, c
verres

Postby dhaupert » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:10 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your purchase!

Hopefully you saw the post above where Brian outlined the order of development. Forms were just finished and released in December, so now we can turn our attention to the External field type next. I am currently working on an iOS update and then I can return to Android after that is finished, so hopefully the External field type will arrive some time before summer if all stays on schedule.
dhaupert

Postby verres » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:58 am

Just checking back in...hoping this is still on track for completion before sunmer -c

I switched from iPhone because I was frustrated with their system and the crappy camera. The Android has so many better features such as a removable sdcard ... awesome for a db! and better camera... But without the external field not able to use :(
verres

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:44 am

Unfortunately we won't have external field support added before summer due to some unforeseen circumstances. Support for the external field is still scheduled for as soon as possible, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Cassius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Can't wait for this. I use the iPad version & talked work into buying 2 Nexsus 10s simply for HanDbase as it works really well for our site work but both photos & combining text (ie external field support) is really needed.
Cassius

Postby stefasall » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:32 pm

any idea when photos will be available for the android version? really looking forward to that feature.

Thanks,

Stefanie
stefasall

Postby CHLooi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi...am a new member to this forum.
Joined to see if there is any progress with an Image Plugin available, or any future update to HanDBase for Android.
Had been using HanDBase since version 2 up till version 4.x.x on my Palm T3 and T5.
Had been a great application, used in conjunction with "Image Plugin" from another developer.
Proved to be very indispensible for administrative work, especially regarding employees and staff.
When having to deal with a great number of ever-changing employees, it helped to identify them with my handy Palm Pda running HanDBase.
The Image Plugin provide a "facial ID" to employees in my database.
So, here's wishing and hoping HanDBase will very soon provide this very important component of a database.
Unfortunately, for now, I am unable to transfer and load up all my "Image Plugin" enabled HanDBase PDB files.
Thanks for reading.
CHLooi

Next

Return to HanDBase for Android