Why do I see 
â€

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Why do I see 
â€

Postby glenwf » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:54 am

I've always seen this and just lived with it, but hope to find a resolution finally.

I see 
†in my note field on my iPod Touch 5 after I've edited a note field on the MAC desktop version. I think they replace a carriage return while editing a note on the desktop, then when I look from the mobile device I see 
â€.

The carriage return on the desktop version has to be accomplished with a Mac Control + Return, or Option + Return. The results on the mobile device looks like this example below with a partial sentence "carriage return" then the last sentence.

confusing.

One of the Conspiracy Theorists: SETI.

Is there a different way I can get a end of line plus carriage return on the desktop that will translate to the same on the mobile?

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: Why do I see 
â€

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 am

Hi there,

Thanks for alerting me to this problem! I have duplicated it and have some info for you:

When using the Mac you can get a new line in one of two ways: Ctrl-Enter and Option-Enter. Doing the former (Ctrl-Enter) gives a unicode new line separator and doing Option-Enter gives the traditional carriage return character. Since HanDBase is not unicode compatible, you wind up with that strange formatted character set if you do the Ctrl-Enter.

If you use Option-Enter all should be compatible with every other version of HanDBase. As a fix I have made a change to the HanDBase Desktop Mac source code to convert the unicode new line to the standard carriage return. I will release this with the next update of the desktop which I hope will be over the next few months.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch