The Device is Reporting no Data Bases Installed

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

The Device is Reporting no Data Bases Installed

Postby griffinr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm

This just started. Every time I sync I get the message "The Device is Reporting no Databases Installed". I'm using the same DB's I've used for years. I've reinstalled both the desktop app and the Android app. Reinstalled the databases and I still get the same message. Phone is a Samsung 6 with Android version 7. It has worked fine with version 7 up until 3 days ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob
griffinr

Re: The Device is Reporting no Data Bases Installed

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Brian tracked down that the issue had to do with many of the Antivirus tools blocking the connection. Here's what he wrote in another thread:

We have found that a recent update to some of the antivirus solutions available are causing HanDBase's connection to not work properly. Specifically, we have traced it to the free versions of Avast and AVG. With these titles installed and enabled (one of them), the HanDBase sync fails. If the antivirus is temporarily disabled, the sync works properly.

We are currently investigating what may have changed and will post an update once we have determined a solution. In the meantime, temporarily disable your antivirus to sync properly.

Hope this does the trick for you too!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Android