How to Delete Corrupted Encrypted DB

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

How to Delete Corrupted Encrypted DB

Postby higlider » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm

When I use the top level database management delete of HanDBase, it says I don't have the security access to delete the corrupted file. I can't open the file, because HanDBase just exits after I enter the password. This is on iPhone 5 with iOS 9. I don't think there is a file manager that can see HanDBase files within the HanDBase silo. I guess if I uninstalled the HanDBase app that would get rid of it, then reinstall and reload all my other DB's. Any suggestions?
higlider

Re: How to Delete Corrupted Encrypted DB

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 pm

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting your post approved. I dropped the ball on all forum messages for well over a month and I am very sorry.

To answer your question, you can delete a database via iTunes File Sharing. Here's how:

Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes
Click the iPhone icon at the top and then choose the Apps section along the left side. You'll see a list of apps and a home screen layout, but if you scroll that window down you'll find the iTunes File sharing section and HanDBase should be listed there.
Click the file you want to delete and then hit the delete key. If prompted, confirm and the file should be removed from the phone.

Let me know if you run into any snags and sorry again!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch