Pictures

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

Re: Pictures

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for writing and sharing about your use of HanDBase for all of these years! I have posted on a few other topics about how HanDBase is now only a part time thing for me as I had to take on a full time job due to declining income for many years of HanDBase. That said, I know I can put some more time into updating the Android and other versions and aim to improve on this in the short term- I have a goal of getting a new iOS and Android version out before summer is over and hope that the Android version will support some external plugins- it may be closer to fall for that feature, but I know it's a glaring omission in this day and age and I aim to fix that this year. I hope I can deliver on that!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby BP-E-NL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 am

Hello Dave,

Good to see you are going to put in new Energie in HadBase, as I'm using it from the Palm/windows/Iphone/Android versions, I look forward to this developments.
I really hope this brings your the income what is more in line off the current Marktposition of Android.

Compliment that up to this moment it still works with Android 7.0

Good luck,

Bert Peters
BP-E-NL

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:12 am

BP-E-NL wrote:Hello Dave,

Good to see you are going to put in new Energie in HadBase, as I'm using it from the Palm/windows/Iphone/Android versions, I look forward to this developments.
I really hope this brings your the income what is more in line off the current Marktposition of Android.

Compliment that up to this moment it still works with Android 7.0

Good luck,

Bert Peters

Thanks for your kind words. I have heard many nightmare stories of having to support the fragmentation of Android but honestly for me it's been far less troublesome than all of the iOS updates each year. I have had to do very little to maintain compatibility between versions! I think the only big issue was when they blocked usage of the cable connection to map the internal storage as a mounted drive on your PC. That required a big change!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby CHLooi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi Dave, good day!
Just browsing the forum for any late news regarding "Image Plugin" or any "External Link" to images stored on Android phones.
Well, I read your present status regarding the updates to HanDBase for Android... checked still listed as year 2014!
That's pretty long way off, comparing to the multitudes of updates coming in for other Android apps! :-)
I do hope you gave some time for a revision of the current version. I'm sure all would be glad to contribute the cost with online upgrade purchases.
I personally do subscribed to many paid applications on my Palm T3 and T5, which are pretty much in use till todate.
So, please do something about some revisions such as follows:
1.) The "Date" field default to being "centered". Looks a little off-set compared to all other data.
2.) The "Drop down" field for "Popups" should preferably behave the same as on the Palm OS. Meaning it covers over the "Field-name".
3.) Is there anyway to change or replace the "Date" selection option by just displaying the "Calendar"? Current method need scrolling in normal vertical mode.
Only under horizontal mode the calandar is large enough for a touch-screen.
That's all and hope you can find time for some revision and an update.
Thanks and best regards.
CHlooi
CHLooi

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I am actually working this weekend on getting a new build submitted to Google Play! That said, hope you don't get too excited about it as it just has a few compatibility issues addressed. The bad news is that the majority of summer I spent working on the iOS update and am still not finished. The good news is that it's getting close. My wife is out of town all weekend and I am hoping to be productive and get most of it finished. Once I do I can revisit the Android app.

I wasn't sure if the second half of your email was referring to the Palm version or the Android one?
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby CHLooi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:51 am

Hi Dave, good day.

Sorry I wasn't quite clear with the previous post in reference to the "Date Field".
It refers to the Android version. In its "vertical" normal display mode, both the "scrolling date" and "calendar" are displayed together.
When the "calendar" is selected, preferably the "scrolling" date" is to be hidden away - it is either or, how I wish.
Similarity here ends when compared to the Palm OS version. In the Palm OS version, each "selection type" for Date closes the previous screen.
Hope you can visualize what I'm trying to explain... else I might do up a page on my personal website... later.
Btw, Dave, thanks for your presence. Back in Palm OS version, I had had good advice via emails.
Hopefully you may be able to pry yourself away from programming on the iPhone platform for just enough time to make further improvements
to the Android version. I believe many die-hard and ardent users of HanDBase are hoping you put up a new release soon.
Thanks again.
Best regards,
CHlooi
CHLooi

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying. I know exactly what you mean. I will log this feature request and see if there is interest from others for this as well.

And by the way, I just released an update tonight to the app- please see my other post!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Android