samsung s7 list view issue

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

samsung s7 list view issue

Postby koolmusick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Hello,

I am hoping that all other users of my absolute favourite piece of software that I could not do without are doing well.

Many many years since I was here.

Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to an S7 (with the S8 due any day, there are some really good deals).

Except for List View only, in every database, everything seems to be working fine.

In List View, there is no proper height to the rows. No matter what the font size, there is no between-rows separation, and an insufficiency of header.

At a font size of 18, the thin separator across say bottom of Row 1 chops off approx the bottom pixel, say bottom 10%, of all letters across the row. So for a letter e, the convex cup for the tail is gone.
Row 2 has maybe a 1 pixel space above say a capital M. So the top of all letters are clearly visible, but not the bottoms.

If I use General Programme preferences (i.e. "Choose Database Screen") to decrease font size to say 8, for List View Font Size option, bottoms in List Views become visible, but that is quite unusable to my ailing 60-year old eyes. And all that happens if I increase font size to say 24 or 32 is that a greater percentage of the letters get cut off. It is then unusable because I have to guess what record contents are from only perusing top 25% or so of all letters.

I am hoping this is a simple and known issue to correct?

Thanks very much for so many years of wonderful usage of software. Started way way back.

With every good wish,
Koolmusick
koolmusick

Re: samsung s7 list view issue

Postby Badarrow1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 am

I just posted a review listing the same problem. The lists look good in my S4 Mini running KitKat, but the same databases in my new S7 running Nougat (7.0) have the lists overlapped as described. Picture attached.
Attachments
HanDBase Problem.jpg
HanDBase Problem.jpg (255.97 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Badarrow1

Postby aa6vhDave » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:31 am

My Galaxy S7 (AT&T) running Nougat 7.0 is an improvement over the previous Android release. The list lines are no longer running into each other on mine.

I did have to adjust the font size inside of Handibase. My sizes are set to 12 (from the Choose Database page, select the Preferences Menu item).
aa6vhDave

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

Indeed the Samsung devices for several OS versions did not properly scale text when you provided a font size. I am preparing to release an updated version that should address this problem for the pre-Nougat versions. Hope to release in the next few weeks. If you need access sooner, send an email to support@ddhsoftware.com and Brian should be able to get you access to a beta.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Badarrow1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Will there be an update to fix this issue with Nougat?
Badarrow1

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:17 pm

We are working on finishing up the release.

If you want to contact us via support @ ddhsoftware . com we can set you up with a copy of the beta in the meantime, though.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby koolmusick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:45 pm

No hurry on my end, just look forward to receiving said Update.
Thanks
Also glad ppl still doing well here. Thanks for everything.
Koolmusick KeepMusick Kool
koolmusick

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am

Great to see your name around again- been a while!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Android