Sync existing database to iPad from new computer

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Sync existing database to iPad from new computer

Postby Abel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:44 am

I had to replace my old desktop and am in the process of setting up HanDbase again on my new one.

Is there a way to set synchronization of my previous files without having to create them all over again and loading them to the iPad?
Abel

Re: Sync existing database to iPad from new computer

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:23 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post. The first time you sync a new device or install it should ask you if you're restoring from a previous account. If you answer yes to this it will let you choose the account and restore all of the databases backed up in that specific folder. That said, this is not foolproof as the way I detect that it's a new install is if only the default databases are included and nothing else. Thus if you created a database on that device or renamed any of the existing ones, it will not realize it's a new install and you'll never get prompted!

Assuming you don't get prompted and it has already synced to a new folder, installing the other files is still fairly easy. Just browse in Explorer to the folder of your old files and select all of them, pressing ctrl-c to then copy them to the clipboard. Go to the new folder and find the install subfolder and copy them there. On the next sync all of those files should be installed to your new device.

Let me know if you have any further issues!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Windows