HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Store!

Discuss plans for a future version of HanDBase for the Google Android platform

HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Store!

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:32 pm

OK, let's try this again! Very sorry for those that were affected by the font size and spacing issues in the previous build. It took me a few days but I think I have a much better solution for font sizing in the List View and Edit/View Record screens now. V4.6.403 should be live soon in the Google Play Store.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there are any problems. And if there aren't and you were one of a dozen or so that blasted me with the well deserved bad review on Google Play Store, would you mind updating the review to reflect the current state? Thanks in advance ;)
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby draak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 am

Yesterday when using HDB I also found the font size much larger than before release 4.6.400 - too large, in fact; but since I knew it was being worked on, I did nothing. Today however it's corrected, tho I didn't download a newer release. Is this some kind of good magic?
;-)

Thanx,
Ð
draak
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:52 am

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby mjhanna » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 am

Dave,
Great to see some progress on the Android version.

I have a Samsung S4 and also notice the "double spacing" on the list view even with this latest version. However with my old eyes I kind of like it.

What is really confusing is Form view. I have been using two forms, one for Landscape and one for Portrait. The Landscape still looks just fine. But the Portrait is now shrunk slightly (to about 80-90 percent of the previous Form) in the upper left corner of the screen.

Can you (re)explain how Form scaling now works in this newly modified version?

Thanks again for your hard work,
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 am
Location: New Mexico

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

draak wrote:Yesterday when using HDB I also found the font size much larger than before release 4.6.400 - too large, in fact; but since I knew it was being worked on, I did nothing. Today however it's corrected, tho I didn't download a newer release. Is this some kind of good magic?
;-)

Thanx,
Ð


I'm guessing there was an auto-update! Try looking in the about screen to see if the version number is now 4.6.403.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

mjhanna wrote:Dave,
What is really confusing is Form view. I have been using two forms, one for Landscape and one for Portrait. The Landscape still looks just fine. But the Portrait is now shrunk slightly (to about 80-90 percent of the previous Form) in the upper left corner of the screen.

Can you (re)explain how Form scaling now works in this newly modified version?


I didn't change anything in the form view code at all! Not sure why that would have changed for you. In any case, you should probably be able to tweak the scale factor of your form properties to get it back to scaling 100%.

Thanks again for your hard work,


Thank you sir!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby mugwump » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick fix.

It definitely looks better than before the fix, but in my case things didn't quite return to the previous look. In the list view there is still additional space between lines. It's not a critical issue although it does show fewer entries on a screen, and I liked the thinner spacing view better.

Is there room for further tweaking in line padding? Is line spacing perhaps something that could be set in the Preferences menu in a later update?

Fred
mugwump
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 10:22 am

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 am

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your thoughts on the update! There is indeed a few pixels of padding on the current version. I think it makes for a better presentation but more importantly it took some precise taps to get the edit record screen to come up for some people. I had seen the complaints of that, hence the padding. One thing I've learned over the years is that for every change or improvement I make there are people who prefer the old way!

That said I can consider a preference if there are enough other users asking for it as well. I'll keep an eye out for similar feedback!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: HanDBase for Android 4.6.403 Released to Google Play Sto

Postby mjhanna » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:32 am

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:One thing I've learned over the years is that for every change or improvement I make there are people who prefer the old way! That said I can consider a preference if there are enough other users asking for it as well. I'll keep an eye out for similar feedback!


Yep, as someone once said, you cannot please all the people all the time. Please add my vote for a preference and/or user control over the list line spacing.
Michael
(Only a user and not affiliated with DDH Software, but working with computer databases for over fifty years.)
mjhanna
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 am
Location: New Mexico


Return to HanDBase for Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron