Checkbox selection in List View

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Checkbox selection in List View

Postby joemac » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 am

In Palm OS Version 4 there was the ability to Enable/Disable the changing of a Check Box in the List View. Is this functionality available in the iPhone and/or the Windows versions? I cannot find it under <Configure/Sync> <Preferences>, which is where it was for Palm OS V4. Palm OS 4 had Navigation, Performance, Other, ... under Preferences where as Windows only has General, Formats and Security. Any help greatly appreciated. Joe
joemac

Re: Checkbox selection in List View

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your question. In the iPhone version, the behavior for checkboxes is that if there is full editing access allowed, the checkbox can be edited in place (ie, from the list view). If you put a password on editing the record, or disallow it, it will ignore presses of the checkbox.

On Windows, I believe the same is true but don't have my source code with me on this Mac to verify.

I had a preference on the Palm version due to a bunch of users requesting it- I tend to not add options to preferences unless there is a good demand for the feature, so thus far I have not added that preference. I assume yours is a vote for that feature? If so, it would be the first vote I have seen. I will duly note it and watch to see if it's something others want to have as well.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: Checkbox selection in List View

Postby joemac » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:15 am

Thanks for the comeback Dave. I just find it a real pain when flicking L to R on the small screen of the iPhone. One wrong flick and then a Sync and both DBs are wrong. Need more votes everyone. Joe
joemac

Return to HanDBase for Windows