HB doesn't work after iOS11 upgrade

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

HB doesn't work after iOS11 upgrade

Postby l2p » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

I use HB from many and many years, at the begining with Palm version.
Now I use on iPad Air. It works perfectly until I upgrade iOS to version 11.
Now Handbase cannot be opened. A message says "the developer needs to update it to work with iOS11".
I'm very disapointed and this causes me great worries of not being able to use HB.
But I'm sure a solution exists.

iPad Air, iOS11 french version.

Thanks
LPh
l2p

Re: HB doesn't work after iOS11 upgrade

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

Just saw your second post and where you mention the french version. That's a separate issue to the iPad for Education version I directed you to in my prior response. I have updated the iPad version to 64 bit last year. Unfortunately it can't be sold on the App Store in France any longer.  A few years back France enacted stricter rules on Encryption and apps written outside your beautiful country.  It meant that HanDBase, which uses an encryption format that is not built in to the phone itself, could not continue to be sold in France.  My options were to remove the encryption feature for all users (not just in France), certify the encryption with the country of France (at a cost greater than I would likely make in many years of sales in the country), or remove it from sale.  I opted for the last item at that point and there was no way to notify the customers or anything since they would not accept an update. 

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused, but there are two possible solutions for you to be able to get the update installed on your phone:

1.  If you have a copy of your purchase receipt of the app, I can send you a promo code for buying it again from the US store, instead of from the France app store.  But as I have no way of verifying your purchases I'd need an email copy of the receipt.

2.  If you don't have the receipt, you're more than welcome to purchase it again from the US App Store.  

A few customers over the last year or two have opted for #2 on their own and it works and continues to work fine for them.  Let me know what you'd like to do by emailing me at dhaupert @ ddhsoftware.com
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: HB doesn't work after iOS11 upgrade

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:22 am

Additionally, if you would be able to help me fill out the form to comply, I should be able to submit the next update and any thereafter for France. I have a PDF form in french that is a bit too technical to use Google Translate for so I'd need someone to help!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPad