fix possible for preventing loss of data?

Discuss HanDBase running on Mac OSX computers, as well as conduits.

fix possible for preventing loss of data?

Postby glenwf » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Running Desktop HanDBase 4.512 on El Capitain.

I lose data from time to time after I have completed a new record or after editing a record because of a confusion of the exit behavior required. Within a record, you have to hit the buttons on the bottom of the window "Save" to exit. Yet, when editing a list of popups, those buttons at the bottom of the window don't work to exit and you have to use the red button at the top left.

Then, after exiting a popup (hitting the red button), I exit the record using the same red button and therefore lose all my work. Then to exit the file I have to hit the red button on the upper left again.

So, the red button is required to exit two places and the important one within the record, to save the data, you lose data if you hit it. Maybe, make that red button non-functional so you have to use the far away unnoticed buttons at the bottom of the record which are out of mind since the red button is used elsewhere as the important key.

Since you have decided to make some progress in the MAC world with HanDBase, maybe you can prevent this accident from happening.

Hopeful. Maybe I'm not the only person that has this problem and many could benefit some sort of solution. Possibly put the SAVE button up near the red button???

Thanks, and love it that you are concentrating on HanDBase again and good luck. I would be lost without my favorite and most used (and most reliable) program for decades.
Glen
glenwf

Re: fix possible for preventing loss of data?

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 am

Hey Glen,

That's a good suggestion. I just updated the HanDBase News post to reflect my current status (back to work full time at a company). Sadly I may or may not ever get to fully enhancing the Mac Desktop. I surely want to and hope there will be an opportunity to do so, but at least for now it seems unlikely to happen in the next few months.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for Mac