size of database

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

size of database

Postby Gregpro » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:31 pm

I am using the HanDBase template for passwords. I have reached 144 different records. I can create additional records(passwords) but they do not appear on the list view. If I search for the record I can see the entry but when I go back to the "all" view I cannot see the new record. Is there a limit on the number of records that can be viewed? it seems I can't enter more on the list view. Also, if I delete an old unneeded record, I can"t enter a new record to take its place.

Please help as I have found HanDBase as a simple password keeper for many years.
Gregpro

Re: size of database

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 am

Hi there!

Thanks for your question. There is a max number of records per database but it's 65,000, not 144! I use HanDBase for a password manager as well and have over 1000 at this point in there.

It's tough to provide you solid help on a database that contains sensitive information. Normally I could just have you send it to support but in this case that would not be wise for anyone!

When you add the new record, do you see the total number go up? (ie, the record count usually show as- xx/yy where yy is the total and xx is the total within the current filtered view).

Since you can search for it and see it, I believe your database is intact. To me it sounds like perhaps your 'All' view has a filter in it. Try going to Edit Views and checking the All view to see if the filter is showing anything as set.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase General Discussion