New HDB crashes on iPad & iPhone 5S

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

New HDB crashes on iPad & iPhone 5S

Postby LocoDriver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm

iPad Mini 2 / iPhone 5S / both running IOS 10.3.3

After installing new HDB on each, the app opens but upon selecting any database, the app immediately crashes (all DBs synced to desktop and each other before update). Have reset the devices but app still crashes. All other functions seem to work OK (sync, etc.).

Thanks.

--- Tom M.
LocoDriver

Re: New HDB crashes on iPad & iPhone 5S

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post - very sorry for the issues you're reporting. I am uploading new builds right now to correct the crashing. Of course it takes a few days for Apple to review and approve but as soon as they do the fix will be live and you can be up and running again.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Linus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Just wanted to confirm that this is happening on my iPhone 5s, which is still on IOS 10.3.3 as well.
Everything was working fine today until I uploaded the new update... should have looked here first :cry:
Linus

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Linus wrote:Just wanted to confirm that this is happening on my iPhone 5s, which is still on IOS 10.3.3 as well.
Everything was working fine today until I uploaded the new update... should have looked here first :cry:

If you'd like to get a beta of either or both versions, I can get you set up with that pretty quickly. I've submitted the updates to both Testflight (beta testing) and App Store. Generally Testflight will be ready much quicker (though I have seen the App Store reviews beat their own beta before, which is really odd!). Anyway, if you'd like to have access to the beta with the fix please email me at dhaupert@ ...

Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby kbhom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 am

I'm using an iPhone 5s with iOS 9.3.5. Will I have issues with the new update?
kbhom

Postby LocoDriver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Latest update (4.9.075) fixes this problem on both my iPad Mini & iPhone 5S, both running ios 10.3.3. Thank you HanDBase!

--- Tom M.
LocoDriver

Postby LeifBry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Linus wrote:Just wanted to confirm that this is happening on my iPhone 5s, which is still on IOS 10.3.3 as well.

Literally exactly what happened to me too. I'm also on 5s. It's not the biggest of deals, but I like the app and I want to use it. Any ETA for the fix?
LeifBry

Postby ehart » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 am

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post - very sorry for the issues you're reporting. I am uploading new builds right now to correct the crashing. Of course it takes a few days for Apple to review and approve but as soon as they do the fix will be live and you can be up and running again.

Got the update. A Happy Camper again. Thanks.

Earnest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ehart

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

LeifBry wrote:

Literally exactly what happened to me too. I'm also on 5s. It's not the biggest of deals, but I like the app and I want to use it. Any ETA for the fix?

Sorry I didn't see your message in the queue- this has been fixed for a bit now, please let me know if you have any issues!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch