GPS Coordinates Format, Lat.Long. in two text fields

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

GPS Coordinates Format, Lat.Long. in two text fields

Postby rknight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 am

The Lat./Long coordinate recorded by HnadDBasae in a text field is in decimal degrees delimited by a comma in the just one field. This is a problem when exporting the geotagged data as a cvs to create an ESRI shape file. It would be much better if Lat. was in one field and Long. was in another. I assume HanDBase is designed to put both in one field but on the next version how about each coordinate in a separate field? I would appreciate your thoughts on this Dave.
Cheers
rknight

Re: GPS Coordinates Format, Lat.Long. in two text fields

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I haven't had anyone request the lat and long in separate fields before. It seemed all the people who originally requested that feature wanted them in a single field, hence the format you see. I don't think I could make that change without breaking things for a lot of users, plus it would add quite a bit of work to handle upgrades to the database format.

If this is something you really require, please email me and we can discuss maybe some custom dev work for your scenario. My address is dhaupert @ ddhsoftware.com
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPad