Update

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Update

Postby scw9 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I am using an iPhone 6s running 11.2.6. When I try to open HanDBase, which I have now used for 17 years, I get a message that says ""HanDBase" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11". I can't tell what version I have, as I can't open the app. When I go the App Store, I find an option to update HandBase to 4.9.075, but when I select Update, nothing happens. Is that a problem with the App Store or with HandBase? Any advice? I use HanDbase for just about everything and not sure I can live without it.
scw9

Re: Update

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. HanDBase has been updated to work with 64 bit processors for some time now (> 1 year, maybe 2!). I'm not sure why your app isn't being updated to the latest versions - it seems like the app store is not doing its job properly.

Do you have your databases backed up somewhere? If you did, I'd suggest deleting the app and re-downloading it from the app store. Then you'd have the latest version for sure. If you don't have them backed up, you may still be able to do so even though the app won't run- in iTunes there is a file sharing option where you can find HanDBase and save all of your databases to your local computer. Give that a try!

Barring the above working, the only other thing i can suggest is going to the Apple store or calling their tech support. I'm guessing they will suggest the above as the starting point but who knows- maybe they have something better to suggest!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: Update

Postby scw9 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you for your reply. I had my databases synced on my desktop and backed up through sharing in iTunes. I deleted the app from my iPhone. When I went to download HanDBase from the app store, it was as though I was not a registered user. I bought the app again, downloaded it and reinstalled my databases and everything is working beautifully without any glitches or loss of data.

Thank you for keeping HanDBase running. It is the best database system and I have recommended it to many people. I keep thousands of records in it. I was sorry to read in an earlier post that this project has not worked out for you financially. Just posted a 5 star review!

Disregard a later post of my same problem. It took me over a week to figure things out and I became frantic, so I posted again.
scw9

Return to HanDBase General Discussion