Jump to form

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Jump to form

Postby glenwf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 pm

I want to "jump to form" from one database to another and then edit an existing record in that second database. Since that isn't one of the options available, is there a way I can do this?

Thanks.

HB ver 4.9.073
iOS 9.3.5 (soon to get new iPod Touch)
glenwf

Re: Jump to form

Postby nazima » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

I have a basic form near the top of my landing page with a CTA. If the user doesn’t fill it out at that time & scrolls down they see another opportunity to do what I want them to, but if they click that button I want them to go right back up to the form. Is this possible!?
nazima

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi,

Perhaps you can try jump to form and choose the same form. That should get you back to the top of the form, though I'm not 100% sure of that!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby exmpro » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:26 am

I do it this way.
1. jump to second database from the form. The second database has no forms, so it opens in default view. 2. Scroll across the headings columns at top to access the field to edit. If it is the same field on each occasion, then adjust the field order (beforehand) in properties to ensure this field is easier to access.

It would be better if there was an option in the forms action choices whereby one could access a specific view in the second DB, and even better, that a search term or a field value could be used to access the second DB. No harm in hoping!
exmpro

Return to HanDBase General Discussion