Missing records after iPhone Storage maxed out

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Missing records after iPhone Storage maxed out

Postby sirlansa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:04 am

I have the following configuration:
iPhone 6S 64GB
IOS 11.3
Handbase 4.9.075 2018 1.16.

Recently I maxed out storage and used 63.9 GB of my available 64GB.
Before I could delete some videos and large files, the Handbase database I use for shopping seems to have become corrupted.
I had about 1350 records there and the count remains the same, but only the #, A, B, C records remain. all the others have been "cleaned" out (no content).
This may have happened when I attempted to do a sort without sufficient storage.

What steps do you recommend for recovery, if it is at all possible?

Sirlansa
sirlansa

Re: Missing records after iPhone Storage maxed out

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi there,

Very sorry to hear of your data corruption. While HanDBase itself doesn't keep backups automatically, hopefully you have taken some yourself via desktop connect, email/send to, or the add-on desktop/conduit app. If not, there isn't much hope for getting your data back, unfortunately. iCloud does back up HanDBase, but it updates each and every night and stores the entire data set of your iPhone in one big encrypted backup file. So getting the single file out of it is very difficult to do- there are some third party tools to extract it- one is called iPhone Backup Extractor, another is iExplorer. and another is iFunbox. There are usually demos of these so you can try to see if you can get to the file.

Let us know how this works out for you- hope you can get it restored!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch