iOS CSV Upload Crash

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

iOS CSV Upload Crash

Postby tetsuo29 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:24 am

I can NOT get CSV upload to work on iOS. I have the latest version of HanDBase and iOS on both my iPhone and my iPad. I tried uploading CSV from both macOS High Sierra using Safari and Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge. Every time after I select a .csv file and then click on the Upload button, HanDBase on my iOS device crashes. This is frustrating because there are .csv files I would like to import into HanDBase. PDB download/upload works fine.

I tried multiple .csv files, including one that I downloaded from a small test HanDBase database that I created on my iOS device.

Please fix the CSV upload feature of HanDBase or provide a reasonable work around. Thanks.
tetsuo29

Re: iOS CSV Upload Crash

Postby curtterp » Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 am

I have the same behavior, both on my iPhone and iPad running 11.3.1

I have tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on the Mac

I have also tried Edge and IE on Windows.

All have the same results.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Beejay » Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi,
I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried with Edge and Firefox browsers to upload a cvs file to iPad and the HanDBase on iPad crashes when you click the upload button
Beejay

Postby Beejay » Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 am

Hi,
I have dug out my old pc running Windows 7 and it does exactly the same I.e. HanDBase crashes on the iPad as soon as an upload is started - I hope there is a fix for this as I need to use this facility.
Beejay

Postby krose » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Is there a solution to this problem? I have tried removing the application from my phone and redownloading from App Store, and the app always crashes trying to upload CSV files. Adding PDB files works fine.
krose

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,

Just a few moments ago the update to fix this was approved by Apple and it should be live in the store shortly. V4.9.077 is the version to look for- please let me know if this does not solve your issue!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby krose » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, the update did fix the bug. Thanks!
krose

Return to HanDBase General Discussion